Kingmaker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Story (Gerald)

2 posters

Go down

Origin Story (Gerald) Empty Origin Story (Gerald)

Post  Nephilim Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 pm

As much as returning to the town of Restov means people, distractions, noise, there is a sigh of relief that you feel yourself perform when you make your way over that last hill of overgrown grass, and see the walls of Restov looming up in the distance.

With not too much distance, before you know it you have made it to the gatehouse, where two rather bored looking guards turn to you.

"Gerald returns! What crazy monster did you gut this time?" comes from the mouth of the taller guard, who you recognise from your frequent trips as Alex Kosai, one of the more trusted guards. His eyes are prying for what is in the many bags you have on your back, as well as hanging of straps across your chest and waist. Without moving his eyes from your possessions, he says "Bring anyfin' for me?"

Gerald, what do you do?

Last edited by Nephilim on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

https://kingmaker.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Origin Story (Gerald) Empty Re: Origin Story (Gerald)

Post  Nocovaine Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:24 am

One of Gerald's eyebrows snakes slowly up his forehead in mild surprise, "Poor Alex. It must be a slow day indeed when I am the most interesting person to pass your way." As he is saying this, Gerald is patting himself over in many places, eventually finding the pocket he wants. Withdrawing his hand from the confines of his pocket, he hands Alex an object looking similar to a Walnut, except covered in little orange stripes.

"Whilst I have not 'gutted' anything today, I did find plenty of these. If you have the courage to break one of these into a stew, it will certainly be worth your while." Patting Alex amiably on the shoulder, Gerald passes through and retreats towards his study, preparing to classify his new specimens.

Last edited by Nocovaine on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nocovaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephilim Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 pm

"But ... what does it do?" Alex replies, curiously. He begins looking at it closely with one eye closed, as if it was some precious jewel.

When you head in past the gate, you are met with the somewhat quiet paved main road of Restov. Taking the quickest route to your home, you follow the wall along for a few minutes, before turning and heading towards the center of town.

Perception DC 18:
Spoiler:

Tell me Gerald, do you continue on the quickest path home, which means keeping further to the outskirts of the town, or would you like to take one of the two longer routes, one of which leads right through the center of town, past Lord Varthus' mansion, and the town hall, or the even longer route, which leads you through the market places, inns and taverns?
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocovaine Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Halfway through rearranging some of his herbs to more convenient pockets, Gerald's stomach complains loudly at the early morning excursion and demands it's daily sustenance. Looking up to apologize to whoever heard his little rumble, he is mildly surprised again, the streets are almost deserted. Shrugging his shoulders, Gerald begins the quick route back to his study, and food!

Spoiler:

Nocovaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephilim Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:03 pm

You make your way the short way home, as really what you want most is to not worry about the bugbear in your stomach.

Upon reaching your address of 43 Undsworth street, you are very prepared to go inside and acquire a hearty meal, however upon entering your house, you notice that you have been the recipient of mail bearing the Svetian seal.

Now, you have sold various concoctions to the Svets, and even cured one of Sir Dagonet's horses with a remedy you created yourself, however you are hardly what one would describe as comrades with the house, who are somewhat richer than you.

Upon opening the seal, it reads the following:

Dear Gerald Efronté,

You are hereby invited to join Sir Dagonet Svet, Sword to the Crown and defender of the realm, for a feast to honour the State of Brevoy, and to bear witness of the Ascension of the next Sword to join the crown's court.

The feast is to be held on the afternoon of the 24th day of Calastri, in the Svetian estate.

Your presence will be pleasant, and is expected.

Sir Dagonet Svet,
Sword of the Crown

This piece of mail must have been delivered in the last 24 hours, as you only set out to get more ingredients on the morning of the 23rd. In any case, today is the 24th day of Calastri.
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocovaine Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Upon finishing his perusal of the letter, Gerald wilts. Pouting pathetically, he trudges towards the kitchen where he knows Alma would have left him, 'a little something.' This 'little something' turns out to be little indeed, two slices of bread--not even fresh--an admittedly generous slice of cheese and half an apple pie. This meal feels insubstantial for the gargantuan appetite that his stomach still loudly proclaims it deserves. Though it's cries have lessened somewhat.

Consulting an unusually stylish pocket watch--stylish for Gerald, that is--he realized that the imminent social event was still a few hours away, a few hours to catalogue his findings! With renewed vigor, Gerald surged towards his study, whilst making a note to leave thirty minutes time to prepare for, 'the event'.

Nocovaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephilim Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:46 pm

You spend your time putting on your best, and making yourself look like you weren't in the wilderness but a few hours previous, and after washing up, you lock up your house again, and set out.

Dagonet's estate is outside the walls, so you make your way back to the gatehouse, where Alex is at current trying to break the nut with his teeth.

"Hey, where are you goin'? You just came back!"
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocovaine Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:47 am

Pausing on his way to the feast, Gerald watches Alex's attempt to open the nut with great interest.

"You know Alex, if you do manage to break through that nut your teeth will corrode instantly. The nut releases a powerful acidic substance to repel would be eaters. If you put it in something like a hot stew as I suggested, the nut will curl and open, releasing the acid extremely slowly. And for some reason that I don't yet know why, the acid, instead of corroding your teeth, will strengthen them." Having finished enlightening Alex as to the effect of the 'nut', which Gerald was still trying to think of an appropriate name for, he made to resume his gait, before remembering Alex's previous question.

"And to answer the question you just posed: Sir Svet has asked me to join him for a feast. As to 'why?' I don't know. But it is unfortunately delaying me from categorizing three new plants. And I find that most inconvenient. Good day." Raising his hand in farewell, Gerald turns round and begins his walk Sir Svet's estate.

Nocovaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephilim Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:39 am

OOC: Excellent, Such concludes your origin story. If you would like to describe what Gerald is wearing on his way to the feast, you may, else you may post in THE FEAST, as you arrive in the estate a few hours later.
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down