Kingmaker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Story (Guntram)

2 posters

Go down

Origin Story (Guntram) Empty Origin Story (Guntram)

Post  Nephilim Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:25 pm

"Left, Right, Feint, Strike!" you say, striking with your sword at one of the many the straw men in the grassy courtyard of your estate. Understanding the importance of keeping lithe with weaponry is something you have grasped from a young age. If you are ever to Ascend, you must prove yourself both chivalrous, and powerful. This is why every morning, sunny, overcast, or rain, you practice melee and ranged combat, whether or not others wish to spar with you.

While you concentrate on your swing, a voice yells out. "You always strike on the third beat, you will not best an opponent who has seen you fight before. " - You recognise it as that of your master, Sir Dagonet Svet. His tone is strong and commanding, and takes you off guard, causing you to jump in shock.

He laughs, "You will also not fare well if you jump like that every time something unexpected happens. Now Guntram, sheathe your sword and come hither.

Sense Motive DC 15 (Roll your skill check, and if you pass, you may check the spoiler. Write the roll in the next post as well)
Spoiler:

What do you do Guntram?
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

https://kingmaker.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Origin Story (Guntram) Empty Re: Origin Story (Guntram)

Post  phantom67 Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Rolled 18 for Sense Motive

Guntram nervously sheathes the smooth blade, feeling slightly unappreciated by his master being ever so critical of him. He puts on his bravest face, and turns to his master, eager to impress and sensing that his master has something in store for him, and responds "Y-Yes my liege? How may I serve on such a fine day?"

phantom67

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephilim Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:13 pm

"I have just received news that I will be entertaining Lord Varthus for a feast this evening, in honour of the forming of the Eye to the Sword. His visit is unannounced however, which means there is news. He has also requested that you attend."

His last words repeat in your head. Lord Varthus has requested that you attend.

"I want you wearing your best tonight, wash everything, including yourself. Twice. You are to make me proud."

What do you do Guntram?
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom67 Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Guntram stuck out his chest, and heartily replied "As you command, my liege!" as he took his leave, retreating to his chambers, and washed everything, including himself, twice, as Sir Dagonet ordered, after which Guntram put on his finest tunic, a shimmering velvet Emerald Green one with beautiful golden stitching and pale brown trousers and beautiful soft leather shoes, the finest ones he owned, which he delighted himself in the most, so that he may make his lord proud.

phantom67

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephilim Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:03 pm

After you have gotten yourself presentable, and ready for the feast, you look at yourself in the mirror. What you see is a powerful young man who not only has strength, but charm and intelligence to back it up. This motivates you, for soon you will be dining in the room of Lord Varthus, the most powerful man in all of Rostland.

At this point you hear a knock at the door. It is Hanna, one of Dagonet's servant girls. She says:

"Are you gonna spend the whole day making yourself look pretty? You preen more than I do silly! Father wants to see you downstairs."

What do you do Guntram?
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom67 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:52 pm

"You're right, I mustn't keep your father waiting. Perhaps I'll get to see you after the feast?"

Guntram gives himself a quick once-over before heading out the door and down the stairs.

phantom67

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephilim Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:55 pm

OOC: After Guntram has decided he is ready, he will make his way down into the main hall, and thus into the thread THE FEAST
Nephilim
Nephilim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down